The Maui Information
Eight trusted testing companions have been introduced for interisland vacationers, permitting passengers arriving in Kauai and Maui counties to bypass the obligatory 14-day quarantine if they will take a look at unfavorable for COVID-19, Gov. David Ige mentioned Saturday.
Like trans-Pacific vacationers, intercounty vacationers should get an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification take a look at from a Medical Laboratory Enchancment Amendments-certified lab no sooner than 72 hours previous to departure. Vacationers register on and add their take a look at outcomes to the Secure Travels Hawaii account at journey.hawaii.gov/#/. Intercounty vacationers should have the take a look at consequence with them upon arrival so airport screeners can evaluation the consequence.
Those that don’t take a pre-travel take a look at or who don’t arrive with a unfavorable take a look at from a trusted testing accomplice must observe the prevailing 14-day intercounty quarantine or search an exemption from the county they’re touring to. Hawaii has had a partial interisland quarantine in impact since mid-August, requiring vacationers to Kauai, Hawaii, Maui and Kalawao counties to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Interisland vacationers to Oahu wouldn’t have to quarantine.
On Thursday the state launched its pre-travel testing program for trans-Pacific vacationers, permitting these with a unfavorable take a look at to bypass quarantine. Nevertheless, after some residents and guests arrived with outcomes from nontrusted companions and complained of the problem of monitoring down a take a look at from a trusted accomplice in time, state officers allowed exemptions by way of Sunday.
Neighbor Island counties have been particularly involved concerning the new program. Kauai and Maui counties have been granted approval to do post-arrival checks for vacationers, although the non-compulsory checks would come at a value to the county. In the meantime, Hawaii County is requiring checks upon arrival in any respect its airports.
On Saturday, Ige introduced the next trusted testing companions for intercounty journey to keep away from quarantine:
• Medical Laboratories of Hawaii. To schedule an appointment, or for data on areas and how one can get hold of lab outcomes, go to www.clinicallabs.com. All lab checks require an order by a licensed well being care supplier within the state of Hawaii.
• CVS Well being (Longs). Vacationers could schedule an appointment as much as two days upfront at choose CVS Pharmacy drive-thru areas. Assessments can be found for ages 12 and older, and preregistration is required. Registration directions and prices will be discovered at cvs.com/selfpaytesting.
• Hawaii Pacific Well being. Interisland journey screenings can be found at Kapi’olani Medical Heart for Girls & Youngsters on Oahu and Wilcox Medical Heart on Kauai. Appointments are required for screening at Kapi’olani and will be made on-line at clinicallabs.com/covid. No appointment is required for Wilcox. For extra data, go to hawaiipacifichealth.org/covid19testing.
• Kaiser Permanente (for members solely). Members could schedule a take a look at on-line or contact the appointment name middle or nurse recommendation line of their residence area for scheduling directions. Kaiser members returning residence to Hawaii could name the away-from-home journey line at (951) 268-3900. For extra data, go to kp.org/journey.
• Minit Medical, which has three clinics on Maui with drive-up testing obtainable. Interisland vacationers could schedule testing on-line previous to journey to different islands. Appointments are required. For extra data, name 667-6161 or go browsing to minitmed.com.
• Walgreens, which supplies testing for gratis to eligible people who meet CDC standards and are ages 5 and older. All drive-thru testing areas function outside, and sufferers don’t go away their autos. Appointments are required. For extra data, go to walgreens.com/covid19testing.
• Pressing Care Hawaii, which might e mail outcomes inside 24 hours. To register, go to www.ucarehi.com. Restricted walk-ins will be accommodated. Name (808) 797-7980 for extra data.
• Vault Well being, which has the primary FDA-authorized saliva take a look at and presents at-home kits with real-time audiovisual supervision. Assessments can be found for ages 5 and older and are mailed with correct leads to 72 hours or much less. For data and prices, go to study.vaulthealth.com/state-of-Hawaii.
For extra data on newest case numbers and the Hawaii Secure Travels program, go to www.hawaiicovid19.com.
Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox